Sunday, May 18, 2008

Heavenly Brownies

This is from the book 101 things to do with a cake mix.

Bottom Layer:
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Top Layer:
1 box (1 pound) powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Add pecans if desired. Spread into a greased 9x13-inch pan.

Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, and remaining 2 eggs together; spread over bottom layer.

Bake 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown.

Posted by: Angela Hadlock

2 comments:

katie said...

I needed a easy but good brownie recipe. Thanks

Britt Wright said...

I tried this one last night. I was thinking the topping was more cream cheesy than it was. My husband loved it the minute it came out of the oven. I thought it was okay warm...but I after it cooled I enjoyed it. It is different, but pretty good!