Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu - Renae Burke - This is my mission president's wife. My mission president passed away while serving as president. She put together a nice book and this recipe was in it. She gave me a copy of her book for my wedding.

4 whole chicken breasts, halved
8 thin slices cooked ham
4 slices Swiss Cheese
thyme or rosemary
salt
pepper
¼ c. melted butter
½ c. corn flakes
Cordon Bleu Sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
½ c. sour cream
Juice of 1 lemon or 1/8 c. lemon juice

Skin & bone chicken. Place between plastic wrap & pound thin. Cut Swiss cheese into fingers about 1½" long & ½" thick. On each ham slice place a finger of cheese. Sprinkle lightly with seasonings. Roll ham & cheese, then roll each chicken breast with ham roll inside. Tuck in ends & seal well. Dip each roll in melted butter, then roll in corn flake crumbs to coat. Place rolls in 9x13" baking pan & bake 40 min at 400. Serve w/Cordon Bleu Sauce. Blend sauce ingredients & heat. Serve over chicken rolls. I've changed the entire recipe to be a casserole because I don't want to spend the time on each individually. Here's what I do: I pound chicken and put it in the bottom of a casserole dish, top it with Ham and cheese. We skip the ham, because I don't eat red meat. Then sprinkle thyme, salt & pepper on it. I mix the Cordon Bleu Sauce and layer that next. To finish, I crunch up the corn flakes and put the butter on it. The rest is the same. It's very fattening but it tastes good. Clark loves it. Denice Bench

No comments: