Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tomato cups - Carma Crippen

7 oz chicken cut-up
½ c sliced celery
¼ c sliced green olives
¼ c sliced green onions
1 T lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
dash of pepper
2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
¼ c mayonnaise
4 medium tomatoes
lettuce

In a mixing bowl combine chicken, celery, olives green onion, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Gently stir in eggs and mayonnaise. Cover and chill. Prepare tomatoes by placing stem down and with sharp knife, cut tomatoes in 6 wedges, cutting to, but not through the stem end. Spread apart slightly. Salt. Fill. Serve on lettuce. I never wedge my tomatoes. I just chop my tomatoes and add everything together. If you're wanting to do a really nice dinner and are willing to spend the time cutting every tomato in a cute wedge, be my guest. This is really tasty!

Denice Bench

No comments: